What do you need to learn a new language?
Words. There is no language without words. But which words? Language Passport Italian Crash Course contains a selection of 600 important high frequency words for everyday communication, subdivided into 17 logical word groups.
Phrases: Keep it short and simple. Make short sentences. Say, good morning (buongiorno), come in! (avanti!), my name is… (il mio nome è…), cheers! (salute!/cin cin!), goodbye (arrivederci/ciao) etc. Language Passport contains a selection of useful phrases for meeting people and for travelling.
Verbs: The verb structure of Italian is not very easy. On this app you will find a brief summary of the Italian verb system and some important frequently used irregular verbs, such as: essere (to be), avere (to have), andare (to go), fare (to do/make), volere (to want) etc.
Pronunciation: How do you pronounce the Italian words and phrases correctly? Tap on the word or phrase you want to hear and listen to the easy-to-follow, professional-quality native speaker from Italy and repeat after him.
Broaden your horizon and make your first step over the Italian language barrier with Language Passport!
1. Essential “meeting people” phrases
2. Essential “travelling” phrases
3. 30 “build your own”phrases
4. Vacation words
5. The world, the sun, the moon, etc
6. Transport and travelling
7. Animals, plant, tree, flowers etc.
8. In and around the house
9. Good, better, best, positive things
10. The body and clothes
11. Bad, worse, worst, negative things
12. Communication, to talk, to listen etc.
13. Food and drinks
15. The family
16. The time, days of the week etc.
17. Who? What? Where?
19. Adjectives and colors
20. Prepostitions and location
21. Verbsystem regular verbs
22. Important irregular verbs
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.